Student Connectedness Survey Results (Jan/June 2019)
In January and June, students in Grades 3 - 7 completed a survey as to their thoughts and feelings about how they fit into the school community, Students gave feedback on 5 items:
1. I feel close to the people at this school.
2. I feel like I am part of this school.
3. I am happy to be at this school.
4. The staff at this school treat students fairly.
5. I feel safe in my school.
For items 1, 2 and 3, there was an overall increase in students who "Agreed or Strongly Agreed" with the statements. There was little change in items 4 and 5. Open ended questions to the June survey in order to help school staff better understand how to support our students in feeling connected at school.